Mini Birthday Croissants
Add some Sprinkle to your Cream-stuffed Birthday Croissants! Bon anniversaire.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 8 ounces package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg for egg wash (just a whisked egg)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sprinkles and set aside.
- Use one sheet of round puff pastry and cut into even slices. Make small cuts at the end of each slice. Spread cream cheese mixture in the middle of each slice. Take one triangle and roll starting with the wide side. Use palm to press the dough downward while rolling. Stretch tip of dough over final roll.
- Transfer to baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 425° F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush top of croissant with melted butter and add sprinkles. Enjoy.