Red Velvet Surprise Cupcakes
Surprise your Valentine with this sweet, Red Velvet Surprise Cupcakes!
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a bowl, add the cake mix, water, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix well until a batter forms.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners. Then pour in the cake batter 3/4 the way up. Bake for 16 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl mix the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until a nice frosting forms.
- Using a piping tip, core the middle of the cupcakes. Fill with M&Ms and frosting. Then add sprinkles on top.