Strawberry Lemonade Sandwich
Sweet Strawberry Lemonade but as a dessert sandwich? Gotta give these bright and colorful Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches a try!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth and light. Beat in eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla until well incorporated, then add milk. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat into butter mixture until combined.
- Scoop dough on baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake cookies at 350° F. 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Let cool completely. Scoop strawberry ice cream on cookie, take another cookie to sandwich.