Tagalong Cake Bites
And here you thought Tagalongs were already perfect.
- 1 cup unsalted salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl beat the butter until very light. Then beat in the sugar gradually, then add eggs, one by one. Beat until the mixture is very light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and alternate adding the wet and dry ingredients, stirring after each addition.
- Pour the batter into a 9"x 5" loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake the cake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Once cake has cooled slice into 1 inch slices. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut pound cake slices into small circles.
- Add a dollop of peanut butter on each cake round. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the mini cake rounds into the melted chocolate.
- Set cake bites in refrigerator for 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Enjoy!