- 1 & 1/4 ounces Chocolate Syrup
- 3/4 ounces Angostura Bitters
- 1 teaspoon Acid Phosphate
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of ice
- 1 ounce of cream
- 1 ounce turbinado (or any simple) syrup
- 1/2 ounces Orange Juice
- Orange Zest (optional)
- Take two mixing glasses, break an egg, putting the yolk in one glass, the white into the other.
- Into the glass with the yolk, add in chocolate syrup, bitters, acid phosphate, ice cube, and shake
- Strain into a 12 ounces glass. This is your base layer
- In the other mixing glass (with the egg white), add simple syrup and cream, and beat with a bar spoon until well whipped. This is your top layer.
- Juice your orange and add your juice into the pint glass as you pour in a fine stream of carbonated water - the high pressure should provide a good froth
- Layer your top layer over the bottom layer by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon.
- Finish by zesting orange over top of foam (optional)