Aloe Vera Juice
People have been drinking Aloe Vera for thousands of years - why? It's super healthy for you, and makes a great base for a whole bevvy of beverages.
- 2 tablespoons freshly harvested aloe vera
- 1 small persian cucumber, 3-4 inches in length, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Ice cubes for serving
- Using a sharp knife, cut near the base of the leaf. this allows the plant to regenerate itself faster than cutting in the middle.
- Cut off a slab about 2 inches long from the (widest) end. Remove the spiney sides, resulting in a top lid and a bottom lid.
- Using a sharp paring knife, carefully remove the outer green peel off the very top layer of the leaf. Turn over and remove the remaining green peel. Now you're left with just the jelly.
- Rinse jelly under water to remove any yellow residue. This is an important step because it removes the indigestible residue that will cause stomach issues if ingested.
- Add rinsed aloe jelly to the blender.
- Peel cucumber with a veggie peeler, remove both ends, cut in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and cut into chunks.
- -Use a garlic press to press fresh ginger juice from the nub of ginger and add to the blender .
- Juice 2 lemons, resulting in about 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, and add to blender
- Add 3 mint leaves
- Add Agave Nectar.
- Process for 30 seconds
- Add 1/2 cup water, then process 5-10 more seconds
- Pour from blender over ice, and serve.