- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup black tapioca pearls (boba)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons fructose (can substitute simple syrup)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy creamer (can substitute with 2/3 cup half & half)
- For boba: Place sugar and 24 ounces water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in honey. Set aside until mixture cools completely.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add tapioca pearls and stir. Boil pearls for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover for 30 minutes.
- Drain pearls and stir into sugar-honey mixture and allow to soak until ready to use. (pearls will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days)
- For milk tea: In a small saucepan, bring 16 ounces of water to a boil and add tea leaves. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain tea.
- To assemble: Strain 2 heaping tablespoons of boba into a tall glass and fill with ice. Fill another glass with ice. Add tea, fructose and non-dairy creamer. Stir for 1 minute until well incorporated. Pour over, using a sieve or a strainer, into boba glass and then serve.