Caribbean Carrot Punch
Not merely a sweet bomb - this drink has complexity and a certain je ne sais quoi, that makes it unbelievably delicious.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 21/2 cups water
- 1 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Transfer peeled & chopped carrots to a food processor, depending on the strength of your blender or food processor, it may be best to do this in 2 batches.
- Add water in and puree until smooth.
- Strain pulsed carrot mixture through cheesecloth or nut milk bag, and into a large glass bowl, squeeze the pulp to get all of the juice out (Strain more than once to if you do not want any pulp.)
- Add vanilla, and whisk in the cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk to taste, starting with a 1/2 cup. Continue to add until sweetened to your taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Serve & enjoy over ice!