Breakfast in a glass? You bet. This South American "drink" is chock full of unique regional ingredients like Mote and Quince.
- 1 Cup of Mote
- 1 rind of a pineapple
- 3 1' wide strips of orange peel
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups guanabana puree (soursop)
- 3 cups water
- Soak dried mote overnight.
- The next day, cook until soft, around 1.5 - 2 hours - set aside and move to liquid base.
- Place pineapple rind, cloves, cinnamon, and guanabana puree into a medium sauce pan with 3 cups of water.
- Peel orange over pot.
- Turn on heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and let simmer for 10 minutes, then turn heat off completely, and allow to infuse for at least an hour and up to two.
- When mixture is finished infusing, strain through cheesecloth, squeezing to extract all the liquid.