- 4 purple dry corn husks
- Skin of one organic pineapple (or pesticide free)
- 2 big cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 10 cups of water
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Scrub pineapple skin well
- Trim rind off pineapple, and add to stock pot (The flesh isn't used in the recipe - so dice up and eat as a snack).
- Add purple dry corn to the pot
- Add large cinnamon sticks
- Add 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- Add 10 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for an hour on low heat. It should take on a dark purple color.
- Strain liquid through a sieve into a bowl (to remove corn and other ingredients).
- Add sugar and lime juice
- Place in fridge for 1.5 - 2 hours, or until cold.
- Serve cold, with a straw.