Hackershake: The Heartbreaker
No matter what side of the Valentine's Day coin you're on, we all have a history with Conversation Hearts. And this hacked-milkshake uses them in ways you never thought possible.
- 5-6 boxes conversation hearts, separated into: 48 white hearts, 48 pink hearts, 48 purple hearts
- 3 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipping cream
- 2/3 cups Milk per layer
- TOOLS: coffee grinder, sifter, whipped cream charger/nitrous oxide, blender
- Soak pink hearts in 2/3 C Milk for 5 minutes
- Soak white hearts in 2/3 C milk for 5 minutes
- Add white hearts and milk into a blender, pulse for 20 seconds.
- Add 1.5 Cups of vanilla ice cream - you want this layer denser than a regular shake (concrete)
- Pour into your final glass (which has already been rimmed)
- Add your pink hearts + milk and pulse for 20 seconds
- Add 1.5 Cups of of ice cream and blend
- Add pink layer into milkshake glass - pouring over the back of the spoon to more gently add the layer
- Top it off with whipped cream
- Take the larger pieces of hearts from the sifter, and lay on the top, along with the heart of your choice
- To make the whipped cream: Crush up the purple hearts. Strain through a sifter, and with the sifted powder, add 5 tablespoons into whipped cream charger - reserve the larger chunks that are caught by the sifter to rim the glass. Charge it with your nitrous oxide canister.