Homemade Apple Cider
Hey baby, it's cold outside. Warm yourself up with this delicious homemade apple cider recipe, courtesy of the Tastemade original series.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 6 Red Delicious Apples
- 1 Valencia Orange
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Nutmeg, finely chopped
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks, halved.
- 1 tablespoon Cloves
- Wash apples and oranges and cut into quarters.
- Add to a large stockpot along with the brown sugar.
- Lay your nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a cheesecloth, and tie into a satchel.
- Fill your stockpot with enough water to cover the fruit, and add your spice satchel.
- Bring water to a boil, let your mixture boil for at least one hour to let the fruit soften.
- Mash your softened fruit, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 additional hours.
- Allow the pot to cool completely, and remove your spice satchel.
- Line a large bowl with a doubled cheesecloth, and add the contents of the stockpot.
- Twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to get as much juice as you can.
- Drink cool or reheat, just make sure you rummage through some leaves afterwards :)