- 12 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Baker's Sugar
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Grated Fresh Nutmeg
- 1 Whole Vanilla Bean
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Cream
- 20 ounces Brandy (optional)
- Clark Griswold Moose Mug (optional)
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites into individual mixing bowls.
- Whisk egg yolks and slowly add in the sugar until well blended.
- Add egg yolks to serving bowl along with milk, heavy cream, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Whisk well, and add brandy if you're making an alcoholic version.
- Mix your egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in your egg whites into your serving bowl along with the whipped cream, leaving some for garnish.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top, serve and enjoy!