- 8 tablespoons Indian ground coffee (medium-coarse grind)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- Sugar to taste
- Place coffee in the top of a percolator (you can find this at an Indian Market)
- Bring water to a boil and pour it over the ground coffee.
- Cover the percolator and allow the coffee to drip through (dont touch as it's hot). Allow to brew for 15-20 minutes - you'll be left with a rich, strong concentrate (stronger than espresso).
- Warm up milk and sugar in a pan.
- Now add your coffee, typically in a 1 part coffee 3 part milk ratio (though depends on personal preference)
- Bring to a boil over low-medium heat, about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour coffee from a height into cup to froth it up. Serve hot.