- 4 cups of water
- 2, 3 inch pieces of ginger cut into slices
- 1 Asian pear cut into 12 pieces
- 36 whole peppercorns
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Pine nuts to garnish
- Peel and cut ginger
- Add ginger to pot with 3 cups of water, bring to boil for 10 min
- Peel and cut pear, place in a cup of cold water to reduce browning
- Make three small holes with a toothpick on the outside slice of the pear. Then push three peppercorns into the side of each pear slice.
- Reduce heat and add the pear and pepper slices. NOT the water.
- Cook on low heat for 3-5 min. Do not cover with a lid - you don't want the pears to be mushy.
- Add honey and gently stir in
- Remove from heat, and carefully remove the ginger.
- Transfer to a serving glass, and let sit out or cool in the fridge.
- Cool completely in before serving.