Some describe this drink from the Dominican Republic as an orange creamsicle in liquid form - we just describe it as awesome.
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (about 6 medium oranges, chilled in the refrigerator)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups evaporated milk (optional: fresh milk)
- Ice (optional)
- Cut each chilled orange in half and squeeze into a large pitcher - make sure you don't get any seeds. Pour half of sugar into the pitcher and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour chilled evaporated milk into your glass and add remaining sugar. Stir together until fully dissolved.
- Pour sweetened milk into orange juice, while stirring. Continue to stir until well combined.
- Pour the drink back and forth between the pitcher. Repeat 4 to 6 times until mixture forms a frothy head.
- Garnish with orange slice and serve. Optionally, you can fill your serving glass with ice before serving.