- 4 prickly pears, yield slightly to pressure, similar to a ripe avocado
- 3 strips of lime zest, about 1" long each, removed using veggie peeler
- 1 small strip of fresh ginger, about 1" long and 1/4" wide, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from 3-4 limes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons agave nectar, or to taste
- Slice prickly pear in half from top and bottom. Lay it flat, and with a paring knife, cut 1/4" into the skin, and pull the rest of the way off with your fingers ... kind of like a kiwi.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut 3 strips of lime zest
- Skin your ginger, and then cut a 1"
- Add water and then agave
- Blend it together for about a minute, starting on low and increasing to medium high.
- Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve, squeezing out as much of the liquid as possible
- Pour into glasses filled full of ice cubes and enjoy.