- Simple Syrup: 1 cup superfine sugar, 1 cup water
- 3 cups dried sorrel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 (3 inch) orange peel
- 6 whole all-spice berries
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh, peeled ginger
- For simple syrup: Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until sugar dissolves. Set aside and allow syrup to cool completely.
- Place all ingredients and 4 cups water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir for 1 minute as mixture boils. Remove from heat and cover. Allow mixture to steep for 2 to 4 hours.
- Strain Sorrel, separating liquid from mixture.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in the sorrel tea.
- Top off with simple syrup to sweeten.
- Stir and garnish glass with a lime wheel. Serve.