If the South had an official drink, it might be Sweet Tea. And for good reason, it's pretty darn delicious, and an essential Summer refresher.
- 2 individual Luzianne brand ice tea bags
- 8 Cups of water (4 for tea, 4 for dilution)
- Pinch of baking soda, optional (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 Cup Sugar (for simple syrup, 1 cup sugar / 1 cup water)
- Fresh lemon, sliced
- Mint sprigs
- Bring 4 Cups of water to a full, rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add 2 Luzianne tea bags
- Dip the tea bags in and out to help steep
- Continue Steeping for 5-10 minutes
- Press the tea bags up against the side of the glass and remove
- Add remaining 4 Cups of cold water to tea concentrate
- Add your simple syrup, starting with 1/2 cup into the tea concentrate, continue to add depending on desired sweetness
- Fill a glass with ice / pour in tea
- To make the simple syrup: Add one cup of water and one cup of sugar to a sauce-pan over med-high heat. Stir until it reaches a boil, and continue stirring for 1-2 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool.