Yerba Mate is a type of tea, but it goes way beyond being just a tea. Earthy, pungent, and steeped in ritual, it's something you must try.
- Cold water
- Hot water
- ~ 1/2 cup Yerba mate leaves (Amount depends on the size of gourd)
- TOOLS: Yerba Mate Gourd, Bombilla, Kettle, Thermos (optional)
- Fill the gourd with Yerba mate until roughly 2/3 full
- With your palm over the top of the gourd, tilt to one side, and shake the yerba mate to one side of the gourd
- Lay the bombilla (filter side down) over the yerba mate, preserving the gap
- Pour a little cold water into the gap you've made, inside the gourd. Keep the gourd tilted until the water has been absorbed by the Yerba Mate.
- Now add your hot water into the reservoir. It should be no more than 150 degrees F. Fill it to the top.
- Enjoy your Yerba mate by drinking from the bombilla.
- Your gourd can be refilled 15-20 times with the same Yerba Mate