- Leftover cake - flavoured with chilli if possible
- 350g buttercream
- Szechuan peppercorns
- 300g white chocolate, melted
- Chocolate food colouring powder, red
- 100g white chocolate, melted, for piping
- 100g dark chocolate, piped into apple stalk shapes and chilled
- Crumble your cake bits in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the ground Szechuan peppercorns with the buttercream, and mix into the crumbled cake so that it starts to stick together.
- Shape the cake pop mix into apple shapes: shape into a ball, gently flatten the top and pinch the bottom on four sides like the bottom of an apple.
- Insert sticks into the apples and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Colour the large pot of melted chocolate with the red food powder, then dip the chilled apples into it so they are completely covered. As the apples are cold the chocolate should set fairly quickly.
- Pipe the remaining melted white chocolate onto the apples in the shape of a skull.
- Add the dark chocolate stalks, then prop your poison apples up somewhere stable to set fully.