We promised to get weird right? How about 3 fabulous luncheon recipes to knock your friend's socks off followed by a backyard brunch that'll keep you wondering what was actually in those cocktails...
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Vanilla Cream: 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight), 1 cup coconut meat, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup agave nectar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and pinch sea salt
- CREPES: Combine everything in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Spread out onto your Teflex liner in your dehydrator and dehydrate at 105 for 8-10 hours. Check on it frequently. At about 3-4 hours, when it is mostly dried on the top, you can flip the tray onto another mesh tray and peel the liner off. Score the layer into whatever shapes you'd like (I did 4 squares) and continue to dehydrate until completely dried, though not crispy.
- VANILLA CREAM: Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender - if it's too thick add more water.
- Serve with mixed berries.
- 2 ounces rosé wine
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 teaspoon rose simple syrup (recipe below)
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Combine the strawberries, mint, syrup and bitters in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle thoroughly until everything is well combined.
- Add gin and ice, stirring vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and top with rosé.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- Petals from 1 small, very perfume-y organic rose
- Combine the honey and petals with 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and let sit for 10 minutes to steep.
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- 4-5 mangoes
- 1 cup coconut meat
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Lime zest
- Blend all ingredients, set in little glass and put in fridge for 30 minutes to set up.