1 Pan Meals: Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cacciatore is the perfect one-pan meal for all the family
- 8 chicken thighs and legs
- 500 milliliters red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- Small bunch of thyme
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 150 grams large purple olives
- Handful of caperberries
- In a large casserole dish or something similar, heat a
- Glug of olive oil on a medium heat. Once hot add in the chicken, skin side down to brown. This will take a few minutes.
- Once brown, push the chicken to one side of the pot,
- Turn the heat down and cook off the garlic and anchovies for a minute or so. Then place the chicken back in the centre of the pan and add in the wine and the herbs.
- Let this come up to a rolling boil and let this simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced.
- At this point add in the tomatoes, the olives and the caper berries and let this cook down for about 40 minutes.Serve with a bean salad or a good chunk of crusty bread.