- 160g good-quality dark chocolate, minimum 64% cocoa solids
- 4 organic free-range eggs, separated
- 50g caster sugar, divided
- Creme fraiche for serving
- Finely chop the chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl. Add 75 millilitres of water and place over a saucepan of simmering water, slowly melting until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar together in a bowl until pale and thickened then slowly incorporate the melted chocolate.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually whisk in the remaining sugar. Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until evenly combined. Divide between serving glasses, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with creme fraiche and dig in!