- DRIED HERBS:
- Several bundles of woody herbs
- Clean string
- HERB OIL:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- HERB SALT:
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons of woody herbs, roughly chopped
- HERB COMPOUND BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons herbs of your choice, finely minced
- Dried Herbs: Gather small bunches of herbs and wrap the stalk ends with string. Attach the bundles on another piece of string. Hang the herbs in a clean, dry spot for 1-2 weeks, until fully dried.
- Herb Oil: Remove basil leaves from the stems. Blanch in rapidly boiling water for about 2 minutes, or until bright green. Remove with a strainer and quickly cool down in an ice bath. Use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to squeeze out as much water as possible. Blend with canola oil, until fully combined. Pass through some cheesecloth and store in a clean container.
- Herb Salt: Place herbs and salt in a blender or food processor, and blend for about 5 seconds. Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Allow to dry out overnight or in the oven on the lowest temperature setting for 1 hour. Transfer to a clean container.
- Herb Compound Butter: In a bowl, combine softened butter and minced herbs. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper and form into a log. Seal and secure the ends and chill in the fridge.