- 4 slices ciabatta, griddled
- Around 12 cherry tomatoes, or any tomatoes of
- equivalent weight
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped in half
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into small pieces and put them into a bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil, the chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper.
- Griddle the ciabatta slices, then rub the cut side of the garlic clove over them before drizzling with the remaining olive oil.
- Spoon the chopped tomato mix on top, then serve while the bread is still warm.