- 120g plain flour
- 120g gram flour
- 50g rice flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 heaped tsp fenugreek powder
- Oil, to fry
- In a large bowl combine the flours, bicarbonate of soda and fenugreek powder.
- Slowly add around 400 millilitres of water until you have a smooth batter, the consistency of single cream.
- Preheat a large crepe pan or frying pan, and very lightly grease with some oil (you don’t want the batter to slip off, so wipe up any excess with kitchen paper)
- Add a ladleful of batter to the centre and use the back of the ladle to push the batter out to the edges in a large circular spiral motion.
- The batter will develop some holes, and when it looks dry on top and crispy underneath (around 3 minutes), turn and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.