- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp kimchi brine (from jar)
- 2 tbsp water
- 180-200g kimchi, drained and roughly chopped if very large
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- In a large bowl, add the plain flour. Make a well in the centre and add the egg. Slowly whisk the egg, bringing in some of the flour from the sides of the well. Combine the soy, kimchi brine and water in a small jug, and slowly add the liquid to the flour and egg, whisking constantly to create a smooth lump free batter.
- Add the kimchi and of the chopped spring onions to the batter.
- Preheat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the batter and smooth it out to make an even layer and cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side until it appears to be almost cook through, then flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Slice into small strips and sprinkle with sesame seeds and the remaining spring onions. Serve with a side dipping sauce.