Aubergine ‘Pizza’ with Yoghurt and Chilli Butter
This Middle-Eastern inspired aubergine dish isn't your average pizza
- 1-2 Large laffa bread (similar to a large tortilla)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons greek yoghurt or labaneh
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Cut the eggplants in half and score them diagonally with a sharp knife.
- Place them on a lined baking tray. Drizzle them with olive oil and place under the grill in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and then change to fan setting to 170C for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chili butter. Melt the butter in a pan and add the chilli powder, chilli flakes and garlic. Leave on a low heat for a couple of minutes and then remove from heat.
- Scoop out the aubergine flesh into a bowl. Combine with the lemon juice, some chopped parsley and chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the laffa bread in the oven to warm and slightly crisp.
- Spread the laffa with a generous amount of yoghurt. Top with the eggplant mixture and then with the chili butter. Top with some more chopped parsley and some fresh mint leaves.