- 2 limes
- 3 Avocado (under ripe)
- 3 Eggs
- 150 grams Flour
- 100 grams bread crumbs (I use panko)
- Salt & Pepper
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl (for dipping the avocado into later) also prepare a bowl with flour and another with the bread crumbs for later.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a large baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove pits, and then carefully peel away skin.
- Slice flesh lengthways into slices which are just under 1 centimeter in thickness.
- Drizzle the avocado slices in lime juice to stop them from browning and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper. (The lime juice also helps the flour stick to them.)
- NOTE: The process is to dip avocado in the flour first, then the eggs, then the bread crumbs. However it is much easier to do this process in a big batch then attempting to do every slice individually. (This is because your hands get too sticky and you end up in a big mess.)
- Dip all the avocado slices in the flour and set aside.
- Then dip all the "floured" avocado slices in the beaten egg mixture... set aside.
- Finally dip all the slices in the bread crumb mixture (making sure they are evenly coated) and set on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs have turned a pale golden colour.
- Serve with your favourite dips, I like having mine with mayonnaise but it's also nice to have them with hot sauce!