Butternut Squash Feta Galette
How to make Butternut Squash and Feta Galettes.
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 50 grams butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams feta cheese
- Sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Arrange the chopped vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, make the buckwheat pancakes.
- Sift the flours into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Crack in the egg. Gradually add 300 milliliters water in a thin stream, beating continuously until the mixture forms a thick, smooth batter. Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Heat some butter and a dash of olive oil in a ceramic or heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. When the fat is smoking, add a tablespoonful of batter to the pan and swirl until the batter covers the base of the pan.
- Fry the galette for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown on its underside and easy to loosen from the bottom of the pan. Flip over and fry for a minute on the other side, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm in the oven. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and mix in crumbled feta cheese and torn sage. Make pockets out of the buckwheat pancakes, fill with the roasted vegetables and serve, drizzled with a little olive oil.