Chargrilled Flank Steak with Salsa Verde
This under-appreciated steak is a cut above the rest
- 2 8 ounces flank/skirt steaks
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- Handful flat leaf parsley
- Handful of mint
- Handful of basil
- 150 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Make the marinade by mixing the oil, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper and place the flank steak in and leave to marinade for up to 2 hours.
- For the salsa verde, place the herbs, oil, anchovies, capers, vinegar and mustard in a blender and blitz to a rough sauce and set aside.
- To cook the steak, place a large griddle pan over a large heat and leave for 5 minutes to heat up. Add oil and when it is smoking intensely, add in the steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and rest, then slice on an angle and serve with the salsa verde.