- 2 chicken breasts, supreme if you can get them
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 130 grams plain flour
- 100 grams panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- 50 grams butter
- 250 milliliters whole milk
- 125 grams mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 50 grams grated cheddar
- 50 grams parmesan cheese, grated
- Handful of any other meltable cheese such as cheddar
- Lay the chicken between two pieces of parchment. Bash the chicken with a rolling pin so it is flat. Place 100 grams flour with seasoning, the egg and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls, and carefully removing the chicken from the paper, place the chicken firstly in the flour, followed by the egg and lastly in the breadcrumbs. Ensure the chicken is evenly coated. Place a shallow pan on a medium high heat and add enough vegetable oil to fried one side of the chicken, about an inch. The oil needs to get to 350. Fry until golden and the turn and to the same on the other side, about 4 minutes. Very carefully, using tongs, remove the chicken from the oil, place on a baking tray and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180, and start making the sauce. In a medium saucepan on a medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Once melted, stir in the flour until well combined and starting to colour. Turn off the heat and start whisking in the milk, a bit at a time until all the milk has been added and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste. Layer over the slices of mozzarella. Spoon the bechamel sauce over the mozzarella and top with the grated cheeses. Place in the hot oven for about 12 minutes until the cheese is oozy and the chicken is cooked through.