Date and Tahini Truffles
Hold me closer, tahini dancer. Count the dates used in these truffles.
- 12 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons macadamias
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coffee
- Put the dates, tahini and cardamom in a food processor and whizz for 1-2 minutes to create an oily paste. Put in the fridge for 10 minutes to help the mixture firm up.
- Meanwhile, blend the macadamias to a powder using either a mini blender or a pestle and mortar.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat for 1 minute until golden and fragrant, shaking the pan often.
- Mould the date paste into 12 round balls (about 2 centimeters/3/4in in diameter). Put four small, shallow bowls on the work surface and put a different coating in each one: toasted sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, ground macadamia and ground coffee. Roll three truffle balls in each of the flavourings until they are well coated. You may find that you need to apply gentle pressure to get the coconut to stick. Transfer to a plate and serve.