- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 2 large tortillas
- Cooking oil
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Nutella, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Pulse the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal in a blender until it resembles a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter and cut out rounds from the tortillas.
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches cooking oil in a deep pot over medium heat, until a small piece of tortilla sizzles and turns golden brown when added.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, place a tortilla into the oil and fry for 5 seconds.
- Gently fold the tortilla in half with tongs and hold in place for 10 to 20 seconds, until golden brown. Flip over and repeat until the other side is crispy.
- Dunk into the cereal crumbs and fully coat. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the sugar into a pan and set to medium heat.
- Once the sugar starts to melt and turn an amber color, gently swirl the pan to melt any remaining sugar. Cook until the sugar becomes golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in the butter. Add the bananas and cook until just soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the bananas to a dish and allow to cool slightly.
- To serve, pipe some Nutella into the bottom of each taco shell. Place a slice of banana on top, as well as a dollop of whipped cream and some remaining cereal crumbs. Enjoy!