- 2 slices of sourdough
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 30 grams cheddar, grated
- 30 grams double gloucester, grated
- 50 grams mozzarella, sliced
- 1-2 slices of good quality ham
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Heat a large lidded pan on a medium heat. Start by cutting out a circle on one of the piece bread, about a 4/5 centimeters cutter. Then butter the both sides of both pieces of bread. Toast the bread without the hole until starts to go a bit crisp. Layer up the sandwich with the cheeses, ham and the mustard, making sure the you start and finish with the cheese. Turn the other piece of bread over and crack the egg into it. Place the lid on top and cook the egg through but so the yolk is still runny. Place the egg bread on top and make sure all the cheese is melted.