Fish Schnitzel Sandwich with Quick Pea Aioli
Fo' schnitzel, this is the best sandwich out there.
- 2 Lemon Sole Fillets
- 3 Cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked peas
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small ciabbatas
- 2 lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Have the eggs and milk, flour, and panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds ready in three seperate bowls. (Season each with salt and pepper). (Combine the panko and sesame seeds together).
- Dip each filet into the flour, followed by the egg mixture, and lastly the panko crumbs. Place them on a plate.
- In a hot pan, pan fry each piece of fish until golden on each side and transfer on to a lined baking tray and place in the oven to cook through properly and keep warm. (5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, make the aioli. Blend the mayonnaise, crushed garlic clove, lemon juice and lemon zest and peas until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the ciabbata in half and heat on a pan on both sides and until slightly golden.
- When the fish is out of the oven, spread a generous layer of pea aioli on the bottom half of the bread. Place a piece of schnitzel on top. Give it a squeeze of lemon and a little drizzle of ketchup.