Flat Peach and Raspberry Cake
How to make flat peach and raspberry cake.
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 4 ripe flat or regular flat peaches, halved and stoned
- 300 grams raspberries
- 30 grams flaked almonds
- 100 grams plain flour
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 100 milliliters whole milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Thoroughly grease the insides of your cake tin with butter and cover the bottom with the peach halves and raspberries and scatter with the flaked almonds.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In another bowl whisk the eggs with the caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the milk, olive oil and vanilla essence and whisk again, then fold in the flour and almond mix, keeping as much air in the mix as possible.
- Pour the mixture on top of the fruit in the cake tin, let it settle for a minute and then bake for 35-40 minutes, until the batter is golden and the fruit is squishy. Remove from the oven and run a palette knife around the edge to loosen the pudding. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then put a wire rack on top of the tin and flip it upside down, removing the tin to let it cool on the rack.