Halloumi Sliders and Sweet Potato Fries
Some people call halloumi "vegetarian bacon", it's easy to see why!
- Sweet Potato Fries:
- X2 Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Halloumi Sliders:
- X6 Mini buns
- 1-2 packs halloumi
- Red onion, sliced thinly
- Red pepper
- Salad leaves
- Bamboo skewers
- Cut sweet potato into chips of even size and toss in olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread evenly onto a baking tray.
- Place into a pre heated oven at 200°C For 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice Haloumi into 1 centimeter thick slices and brush with olive oil. Place onto a hot griddle pan and grill for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden griddle marks show. To stop the halloumi from sticking occasionally move it side to side.
- Take halloumi off the heat, add a splash of oil and grill the red peppers until softened and slightly chared.
- To assemble, Spread hummus onto the bottom bun and top with two pieces of halloumi.
- Layer red peppers, salad leaves and red onion on top of the halloumi and top with the lid. Secure together with a bamboo skewer.
- Serve with sweet potato fries.