- 50 grams Unsalted butter, melted
- 20 grams Caster sugar
- 80 grams Plain flour
- 200 grams Royal icing sugar
- 25-30 milliliters Water
- Gel food colour- pink, yellow, blue, purple
- With an electric whisk cream together butter and sugar.
- Sift in the flour and pour in the melted butter, with a spoon mix until it starts to come together.
- Pour mixture onto a clean surface and knead until the mixture forms a smooth ball.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 centimeters thick and cut into small circles with a 2.5 centimeters wide piping nozzle.
- Place circles onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and place into a pre-heated oven at 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- For the icing add water into the royal icing and beat for a good 4-5 minutes until the icing is thick.
- Place into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe a small star onto each cooled biscuit.
- Leave to set and enjoy! :D