Mini Lamb Kofta Pita Burgers
Regular burgers are so passé. Give these lamb kofta pita versions a go instead!
- For the burgers
- 400 grams minced lamb
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- To serve
- 4 pitta bread
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- Small pot plain yogurt
- Place the mince into a large bowl with all the the onion, garlic, garam masala, coriander and chilli flakes and a good pinch of salt. Mix well with your hands. Pat the mix into small burgers.
- To cook, heat grill to its highest setting and lay the burgers in a single layer on a baking tray (you may need to do this in batches, depending on how big your tray is).
- Grill on the highest shelf for 5-6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Pile burgers onto a platter and serve with all the accompaniments, so everyone can construct their own sandwich.