When life gives you lemons...make lemonade cheesecake!
- 15 Digestive biscuits
- 100 grams melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 200 milliliters Double Cream
- 500 grams full fat cream cheese
- 2 lemons - zest and juice
- 8 tablespoons of lemon curd
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 500 milliliters full sugar lemonade
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 pack of sherbet Dib Dab
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix together the lemonade and caster sugar. Reduce on a high heat until syrupy. You should have only around 100 milliliters left at the end.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- Blend up the digestives, then mix together with the melted butter and honey.
- Grease a loose bottomed cake tin and press down the biscuit mixture well trying to make the base as even as possible.
- Bake the base in a medium (160 C) oven for 5-10 minutes, then cool in the fridge.
- Gently beat the cream cheese, 6 tablespoons of the lemon curd, the lemonade syrup, icing sugar, double cream, lemon juice and zest together.
- Pour the cheesecake filling in to the set base
- To finish the cheesecake, use the remaining 2tbps of lemon curd to pattern over the top.
- Set the cake in the fridge, preferably over night.
- Sift over the lemon sherbet from the dib dab over the top.
- Cut and serve