Macaroni Cheese 3 Ways
Because you can never have too much Mac and Cheese
- Mac & Cheese Balls:
- 1 packet dried mac and cheese
- 100g mozzarella/cheddar cheese
- 50g mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250g panko breadcrumbs
- Chives, chopped, to garnish
- Sour cream and chive dip, to serve
- Mac & Cheese Coating:
- 1 packet of dried mac and cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 75g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
- Mac & Cheese Waffles:
- 1 packet mac and cheese
- 100g mozzarella/cheddar
- Spring onions, to serve
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Mac & Cheese Balls: Rehydrate the mac and cheese according to the packet instructions and stir in the mozzarella/cheddar. Place into a baking tray and spread out to cool. When cool make balls of mixture with your hands and place a few pieces of mozzarella in the centre. Bring the edges in to cover the cheese. Get three bowls ready and add the flour to one, the egg to the second and the breadcrumbs to the third. Dip first in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat oil to 180C. Fry the balls in batches until golden and piping hot throughout.
- Garnish with chives and serve with sour cream and chive dip alongside.
- Mac & Cheese Coating: Shake the contents of the packet of mac and cheese out into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- In a bowl mix the butter, garlic and mozzarella. Cut a small hole in the chicken breasts and stuff with the garlic/cheese butter.
- Place the stuffed chicken breast first into the flour, then the egg and finally the blitzed up mac and cheese. Dip in the egg and blitzed up Mac and cheese a second time. When ready to cook, heat your oven to 180C.
- Heat some oil to 160C and place the chicken breasts into the oil, frying until golden. Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper to drain. Transfer to a baking tray and cook until the chicken is cooked - about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with a side salad.
- Mac & Cheese Waffles: Rehydrate the mac and cheese according to the packet instructions and stir in 50g of mozzarella/cheddar. Place into a baking tray and spread out to cool. Cool until firm. Cut out squares of mac and cheese and sandwich 2 ‘slices’ with the remaining 50g mozzarella/cheddar mix. Place into waffle iron and cook until golden and oozy - this may take a while, but be patient and the ‘waffle’ will crisp up and release itself from the iron.
- Serve with spring onions and hot sauce drizzled on top.