Mississippi Mud Pie
No one seems to know its real origins, but this OTT pie is a choc-lovers' dream.
- Biscuit Base:
- 315 grams Oreo Cookies
- 80 grams Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 135 grams Caster Sugar
- 37 grams Cocoa Powder
- 42 grams Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 625 milliliters Milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 10 grams Cold butter
- 300 milliliters Double cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Gold Stars and Chocolate flakes to decorate
- 1. Blitz cookies together and add melted butter. Add to pie tin and bake for 10 minutes at 190c.
- 2. Make the pudding, whisk all the dry ingredients then slowly add the milk combined with the egg yolks. Cook until boiling and thick.
- 3. Pass through a sieve and add vanilla extract and butter.
- 4. Add to top of pie and chill for 2 hours or overnight with cling film on top of pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- 5. Whip cream with sugar until soft and then spread on top of the pudding. Add gold stars and chocolate flakes to serve.