- 1 block of pre-made puff pastry (320 grams or less)
- 5/6 tablespoon Nutella (or as much as your heart desires)
- As much chocolate sprinkles as you want
- 5 tablespoons of water
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Wet the first pastry disc, and add another on top. Do this until you have 4 discs stacked atop one another. Using a smaller biscuit cutter, cut another hole in the middle of those circles to create your fauxnut shape.
- Deep fry the discs in a neutral oil at 180C. They'll be golden and puffed up when ready.
- Drain the fauxnuts on kitchen paper. Once cooled, use a piping bag to pump Nutella into the fauxnuts.
- Garnish with more Nutella and chocolate sprinkles.