Oreo Eyeball Truffles
These easy-to-make eyeball truffles are the perfect Halloween snack!
- 220 grams Oreos
- 100-120 grams Full fat cream cheese
- 200-250 grams White chocolate, melted
- To decorate:
- Red, white and black Royal icing
- Red icing pen
- Plastic fork/skewer
- In a food processor beat oreos until you have fine biscuit crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a neat ball. If mixture is too soft/warm place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
- Place oreo balls onto tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge until firm.
- Once set coat in melted chocolate, drain off the excess and place back onto the baking paper.
- For the eye, roll the red and black icing to 2 mm thick. For the outer circle of the eye use the end of an icing nozzle around 2 centimeters wide to cut out a circle from the red icing. Using a smaller piping nozzle cut out a circle of black icing to form the pupil.
- Using excess chocolate as glue for the icing, place a red circle onto the middle of the truffle followed by the smaller black circle.
- To decorate add a tiny dot of white icing to the corner of the pupil to create a reflection and pipe veins onto the truffle using a red icing pen.
- Place a fork or skewer into the truffle to serve.
- Enjoy :D