- 490 grams Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Caster sugar
- 225 grams Unsalted Butter, cold
- 4 - 5 tablespoons Ice Water
- Strawberry Jam
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- 240 grams Icing Sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons Milk
- Sift together the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Add in the cubed butter and work between your fingers until the mixture resembles a fine breadcrumb.
- Slowly pour in the water until the dough clumps together. Split the dough into two, wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, roll out the dough into a rectangle and cut the dough evenly into 8 rectangles.
- Spoon the jam onto 4 of the rectangles of dough, and top with peanut butter leaving enough room at the edge for a border.
- Top the pastry with the remaining 4 rectangles, crimp with edges with a fork (trimming off any excess if necessary) and poke some air holes in the top. Place them in the freezer for 15m.
- Bake at 190C/375F for 25m or until golden. Once cooked, allow to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with milk until you have a slightly running consistency. Spread this on the cooled pop tarts and finish with sprinkles.