Popcorn Chicken With Green Chilli Mayo
Create your own fast food-style popcorn chicken in your home kitchen! (No actual popcorn required...)
- 500 grams boneless chicken thighs, cut in to bite size pieces
- 150 milliliters Buttermilk
- 1.5 Cups of Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 Lime
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together the cut up chicken and buttermilk. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge, preferably overnight but for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl mix together the GF Flour, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder
- Take the buttermilk chicken and toss into the flour mixture and then leave in a separate bowl. Don't leave the chicken in the flour, as it needs to create a batter.
- Heat your fryer to 180 degrees.
- Deep fry your chicken in batches till golden and cooked through - 4-5 minutes.
- To make the mayo, combine the mayo, chopped chilli, juice of half a lime and the pinch of salt.
- Serve the chicken with the mayo as a dip.