Feel like pie AND crumble? Topless Baker has your new favourite mash up!
- 125 grams Unsalted Butter
- 270 grams Plain Flour
- 25 grams Sugar
- 25 grams Shortening
- Pinch Salt
- 50 milliliters Ice Water
- 3 Braeburn Apples
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsbp Cornflour
- 1 Punnet of Strawberries
- 35 grams Flour
- 25 grams Butter
- 20 grams Rolled Oats
- 35 grams Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Hazelnuts
- Custard to Serve
- Add the flour, butter, salt and shortening to a food mixer, and mix on low speed until you reach a breadcrumb consistency with a few lumps of butter that look like the size of peas.
- Once at the pea' stage, slowly add the water until the dough starts to pull together into clumps but isn't in one big ball. Tip it out onto a work surface, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Peel & slice the apples into chunks, and add to a pan with the sugar, corn flour and 2 tablespoons water. Stew for about 5-6m on a medium heat until slightly soft. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Roll out your dough into a circle, it should be the thickness of a pound coin. Lay it over the pie plate and crimp the edges to create a crust.
- Add in the chilled apple and top with chopped strawberries.
- Next make the crumble, work the flour, sugar and butter together until you have small lumps. Add in the oats & chopped nuts. Sprinkle this on top of the pumble.
- Bake at 180c for 30m & then serve with custard.