Raspberry and Peach Galette
The tastiest way to get some of your five-a-day
- 320 grams sweet shortcrust pastry
- 200 grams raspberries
- 4 flat white peaches, a mixture of halved and sliced
- 100 grams chopped hazelnuts
- 1 lemon
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190. In a medium bowl, toss together the raspberries, peaches, sugar and lemon juice. When they are well combined, toss the filling ingredients through with the chopped hazelnuts. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly dusted surface to a big sheet. Then cut out a large circle. You can use the base of a cake tin, around 28 centimeters, for this if it's easier.
- Transfer the pastry to lined baking trays and pile in the fillings to the middle of the circles. Leaving 1 1/2 inch gap around the outside. Fold in the sides so the pastry is slightly overlapping and brush the pastry edge with the milk. Sprinkle over the sugar and place in the hot oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp. Leave to cool slightly and serve with ice cream.